The Families of Merigold's Point by Dorothy L. Martin
8vo. pp. 155. maps & b/w illustrations. index. paperback wrs. (near fine - light crease with short tear to lower cover & 1 scuff to back cover). Mississauga: A Bicentennial Project of the Mississauga Heritage Foundation, 1984.
Merigold's Point was the name given to a small formation of land jutting out into Lake Ontario, west of the Credit River. It consisted of the surveyed lots 27-33 and their broken fronts in Concessions 3 and 4, south of Dundas Street (S.D.S.), Toronto Township. Today, most of this land is owned by Gulf Canada, which is situated at the foot of Southdown road and the Lake Shore Highway in Clarkson, Mississauga.
Merigold's Point was part of the first purchase within the Mississauga Tract in 1805. Following the survey by Samuel Wilmont in 1806, settlers began to arrive - one of the first being Thomas Merigold, who settled there with several families from New Brunswick, forming a new neighbourhood which came to be know as Merigold's Point.